Benefits Of Clarifying Shampoos For Hair And Scalp
Let’s weigh up the benefits of clarifying shampoos for your hair.
And the bad too …
If you haven’t read my in-depth guide about Clarifying Shampoos, check it out.
Pros & Cons
- Thoroughly removes buildup
- Removes hard water deposits, chlorine
- Eliminates hair styling residues
- Rejuvenates and refreshes hair
- Prevents bacterial growth on your scalp
- Restores natural pH balance of your hair
- Prepares your hair for coloring
- Prevents blonde hair from turning brassy
- Helps your hair lock in moisture
- Helps fight minor hair loss
- Soothes itchy scalp
- Regulates sebum levels on your scalp
- May strip natural oils from your hair
- You cannot use it everyday
- Sulfate based clarifying shampoos dry your hair
More On Benefits Of Clarifying Shampoos
1. Thoroughly Removes Build up (hard water, styling products)
Hard water build up in hair can be treated.
Forget the messy vinegar rinse…
Use Joico K-PAK Clarifying Shampoo for immediate results.
Many people don’t know how to deal with hard water when it comes to washing hair. It is a serious problem that causes hair loss.
Imagine the amount of minerals that deposit on your scalp if you wash your hair everyday …
This picture shows you the damage hard water is causing to the roots of your hair. These nasty residues clog the pores on your scalp and hair follicles, causing them to become weak and then break.
To make it worse, this becomes a scaly film layer on your hair, preventing moisture from penetrating.
A clarifying shampoo removes all the hard water deposits from your hair. Try it once and see the visible difference.
A clarifying shampoo will get rid of:
- Hair styling products
- Conditioner and wax buildup
- Minerals buildup
- Air pollutants
- Crusty scalp buildup
- Dead skin build on your scalp
2. Rejuvenate And Refreshes
By removing impurities from your hair, it makes your dull hair look full of life again.
Besides daily pollutants, your daily shampoos and conditioners also have a negative effect on your hair. The harsh chemicals strip your hair from essential oils making them look unruly and unmanageable.
A good detoxifying shampoo with no Sulfates will revitalise and re energise your hair to make it manageable.
The Pureology shampoo and conditioner is an excellent product that revitalizes your hair.
3. Volume Booster For Fine & Straight Hair
If you love voluminous hair:
Clarifying shampoos for fine and straight hair will enliven your dull and boring tresses. Feel the bounce and elasticity back in your hair after the first wash.
A gentle detox and a zero sulfate formula for cleansing is all your hair needs.
Effective Clarifying Shampoos to boost hair volume:
- Alterna Bamboo style deep cleansing clarifying formula
- Ojon Volume Shampoo
- Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo
- WEN Bamboo Shampoo
4. Prevents Bacterial Growth On Your Scalp
Forget beautiful and manageable hair for a minute.
Is your regular shampoo cleaning your scalp properly?
There are many factors that encourage bacterial growth on the scalp, such as:
- Gels and sprays
- Excess Sebum
- Dead skin cells (renewing)
Although dermatologists don’t encourage daily washing of your hair…
Combining the factors above with an everyday active lifestyle (sweating) makes your scalp vulnerable to fungi infections.
As a result, scalp infections contribute to poor hair and hair loss.
A clarifying shampoo exfoliates your scalp and removes all the excess buildup and sebum.
5. Restores Natural pH Balance Of Your Hair
Have you heard about the popular clarifying & vinegar rinse treatment?
Here’s what it does:
Apple Cider Vinegar rinse, gives your hair and scalp a deep cleanse, but most importantly a very healthy pH balance.
If you ever try it at home, your scalp and hair will feel well hydrated from the first rinse.
Apple Cider Vinegar solutions for your hair:
- Fekkai Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Shampoo
- Morrocco Method Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- Vinegar Rinse Cleanser
- Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Prepares Your Hair For Coloring
Using a deep cleansing shampoo before colouring your hair will prepare your hair to be more receptive to hair dye and colors.
Stubborn dirt on your hair strands make it difficult for your hair to effectively absorb color. Therefore it is essential to have a good clean before your treatment.
Your hair color will look more natural after using a clarifying shampoo.
7. Prevents Blonde Hair From Turning Brassy
Are you suffering from Blonderexia: Brassy blonde hair?
If your blonde hair is slowly turning brassy, it may be due to chlorine and iron deposits from your shower. Hard water adds reddish brass tones and fades color of your hair to make it look dull.
You should use a Clarifying Shampoo or a Purple Shampoo once a week. This will knock out the brassy tones and restore your hair color to it’s natural tones.
Other shampoos to restore blonde color tones:
- Joico Color Endure Shampoo And Conditioner
- Matrix So Silver Color Care Shampoo
- Kerastase Reflection Bain Chroma Riche
8. Helps Your Hair Lock In Moisture
By removing all the impurities that sit on your hair and your scalp, you hair feels lighter. There are no scaly film and dirt layers on your hair strands to block moisturisers from penetrating.
As a result, your hair can absorb moisture easily and is able to retain it for longer periods.
9. Helps Fight Minor Hair Loss
Victoria Senior, Health Psychologist and lecturer at the University of Surrey, recommends using a clarifying shampoo to removes product buildup and atmospheric toxins to prevent hair loss.
Clarifying shampoos purify your scalp thus allowing it to take in more nutrients for your hair.