A while back, I bought the wrong shampoo for my keratin treated hair.
It wasn’t until my second wash that I noticed these:
- Keratin Was Peeling Off: More than what my stylist told me
- Dryness: My scalp became dry
- Itchy Scalp: Not to mention the embarassing dandruff
- Uneven Hair: Flat & straight in parts, and frizzy in other parts
- Styling Nightmare: Couldn’t get my hair right
- Dirty: It didn’t feel as clean as before the treatment
- Hair breakage: It happens, I was told, but my shampoo wasn’t helping
- $300 Wasted: Yes, I had to do it all over again
Lesson: Don’t ignore the labels, seriously.
Don’t trust the fake shampoo reviews. That’s how I got done.
Since then, I learned a few tricks. And I want to share them with you today.
My Exclusive Keratin After Care Tips
Table Of Contents
- My Exclusive Keratin After Care Tips
- 5 Bad Shampoos To Avoid After Keratin Treatment
- Top 10 Best Shampoos for Keratin Treated Hair
- Keratin Treatment Aftercare Products
- My Perfect Keratin Aftercare Combo Set Includes:
- Your First 3 Days – Dry Shampoos To The Rescue
- So What Is A Dry Shampoo ?
- Best Dry Shampoos For Keratin Treated Hair
- 1. Klorane
- 2. Batiste
- 3. Alterna Caviar
- 4. BlowPro Faux Dry Shampoo
- 5. Bumble & Bumble Pret A Powder
- Dry Shampoo For African American Hair
- Your Hair Care Is About To Change For Good
- Chemical Free Shampoos
- 1. John Masters Organics
- 2. Christina Moss
- 3. Rahua
- Best Sulfate Free Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair
- You Don’t Need Your Chemistry Book To Buy A Shampoo
- Good Sulfates Vs Bad Sulfates
- My Best Sulfate Free Shampoo List: (also salt free)
- 1. Pureology Platinum 4
- 2. Natu Liberating
- 3. Green People
- 4. Jessicurl
- 5. Kinky Curly Come Clean
- 6. Shea Moisture
- Biotin And Keratin Shampoo
- Hypoallergenic Shampoos
- Hydrolyzed Keratin Shampoo
- Use A Keratin Spray For Lighthold Styling
- Wash In Reverse – Conditioners For Keratin Treated Hair
- Leave In Conditioners – Don’t Let Your Hair Dry Out
- My Best Leave In Conditioners:
- 1. Pureology
- 2. Malibu
- 3. Caju
- Deep Conditioner For Hair
- Dry Hair And Breakage After Keratin Treatment
- Itchy Scalp, Flakes, And Dandruff
- Best Shampoo For Greasy Hair …
- How To Maintain Keratin Treated Hair
- How To Remove Keratin From Hair
What you’ll learn:
- Spot The Fakes: How to spot fake “sulfate-free” shampoos
- Top 10 Best: The 10 best products for keratin treated hair
- Mix It Up: How you can mix it up with other hair products
- Maintain: A few golden rules for hair care
- First 3 Days: After keratin treatment first wash (Dry)
- Dry Shampoos: Where to buy dry shampoos & my favorites
- Dry Scalp: Dry scalp, dandruff, and greasy hair issues
- Hair Breakage: Hair breakage after keratin treatments
- Tips: My keratin hair treatment aftercare tips & products
- Wash Keratin Out Early: How to reverse keratin treatment
Added Bonus: A printable chart with all the DOS and DON’TS at the end.
The bottom line is:
If you don’t look after your keratin treated hair, you’ll see the keratin wear off fast.
And it won’t look good. Trust me.
Okay, like you already know:
You should be using sulfate-free shampoos for upkeep.
But guess what ?
Not all sulfate-free shampoos are sulfate-free.
I learned this the hard way.
Let me explain:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is often disguised as:
You see them in most shampoos.
Other equally dangerous cousins to SLS are:
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Disodium Laureth Sulfosucinate
- Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
They are synthetic Lauric acids made from Sulfurs.
Some products that claim to be “SLS-Free” may contain them in disguise.
Let me start with the 5 worst products you should avoid:
(yep, I may have saved you some money here !)
5 Bad Shampoos To Avoid After Keratin Treatment
OGX Hair Products
Ok, a lot of people recommend Organix.
I agree it’s cheap and popular.
A quick look at the ingredients shows :
The label does not say sulfate-free, which is honest of them.
Google “shampoo for keratin treated hair”, and you’ll find a few popular online shops recommend Ogx hair products.
Yep, I’ve seen it on Soap.com and Ulta.com too !
Not surprised: there are lot of unhappy women out there who have messed up their keratin treated hair.
The fact that Organix has salt (Sodium Chloride) is enough to warn you.
It will strip away keratin from your hair. Salt is abrasive.
Want some hard evidence ?
Coppola Keratin Complex
Another popular choice sadly does not live up to its expectations.
Customers report that this shampoo washes out keratin treatment.
It’s also not sulfate-free.
I do rate Coppola keratin treatments, but this one looks like a fake.
Update: This Coppola keratin shampoo and conditioner set has now been removed from Amazon.
Maple Holistics Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo
If you dig deeper in the reviews, you’ll find out that customers are not happy with the false advertising of this product.
This product contains sulfates.
It’s rated as a bestseller but do not trust the reviews.
This seller offers a free product in exchange for good reviews. Booo !
Herbal Essences shampoos contain sulfates.
Read it here: Lies You’ve Believed about shampoos and conditioners
Contrary to what they advertise.
Only the conditioner is sulfate-free. So watch out.
Watch the labels carefully.
Only the conditioner says 0% sulfate. Not the shampoo.
A lot of rave reviews, and a lot of unhappy customers too.
Something is not right.
Are they offering free product for fake reviews ?
I will be keen to know what you think. Click here and see »
What shampoo is good for keratin treated hair, and where do you find them ?
Look no further.
I’ve hunted them down for you.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Keratin Treated Hair
We actively update and refresh the products here based on customer feedback.
1. Macadamia Oil By Arvazallia
Keratin shampoo and conditioner
(+ Bonus Argan Oil Hair Mask)
2. Theorie Helichrysum
Theorie’s Keratin treated hair shampoo has good reviews. Check it out.
3. John Masters Organics
Contains 13+ certified organic ingredients. No Sulfates, No Salts.
100% Keratin safe shampoo. Gentle and no SLS.
5. It’s A 10 Miracle Bundle
It’s a 10’s best shampoo and conditioner after keratin treatment combo
6. Scrupples White Tea Shampoo Set
Contains Scruples White Tea. Sulfate-Free.
7. Inoar Hair Botox Shampoo
Hair botox shampoo by Inoar. Ideal for formaldehyde-free keratin aftercare.
Feel the luxurious blend of Moroccan Argan oil, Keratin, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Paraben, Sodium Chloride, and Sulfate Free.
10. Keeva Organics
Pure organic (Hydrolyzed Protein) keratin treatment shampoo and conditioner.
Keratin Treatment Aftercare Products
Let me show you the cool products I use now.
The trick to maintain your hair is to rotate and switch between:
Why I say this ?
Because in the first 2 weeks you’re more likely to experience dry scalp, flakes, and your hair will feel flat.
Some may also experience greasiness.
You’ll need more than just a shampoo and conditioner.
My Perfect Keratin Aftercare Combo Set Includes:
- Dry Shampoo: Alterna Caviar »
- Chemical free wash: John Masters Organics »
- Leave-In: Renpure Leave-In Conditioner »
- Keratin Spray: Sally Hershberger Spray »
- Keratin Masque: Shea Moisture Butter »
- Keratin Oil: Lanza Anti-Breakage Oil »
Your First 3 Days – Dry Shampoos To The Rescue
Not being able to lather up your head for 3 days will make you feel gross.
I know that feeling.
You are not allowed even a single drop of water on your hair.
Luckily, there’s this sweet magic in a can : the dry shampoo
Deanna Rizziello from stylebell.com confirms this in a Youtube video to her twitter followers:
So What Is A Dry Shampoo ?
It’s a spray powder or liquid that you apply to the roots of your hair.
It soaks up all the dirt and oils.
If you haven’t tried one before, here are some tips:
- Start At The Roots: Spray lightly at the roots
- Lift Your Hair & Spray: Lift your hair in sections and spray
- Let It Sit: Let it sit for a bit
- Blend It: Use fingers to shake your hair at the roots
- Flip Your Head Upside down: Fluffen things up
- Powder Not Liquid: Only use the powder form. Not Liquid
Yes, you can survive these long 3 days with a dry shampoo.
Refresh your hair and knock out that nasty oiliness until your next proper shampoo.
Best Dry Shampoos For Keratin Treated Hair
Powder based dry shampoo for keratin treated hair.
Affordable dry shampoo on keratin treated hair.
3. Alterna Caviar
I use this one.
4. BlowPro Faux Dry Shampoo
A blowout’s new best friend.
5. Bumble & Bumble Pret A Powder
Extend your blowout with Bumble & Bumble Pret A Powder.
We get asked a lot about tips on picking the right dry shampoo for African American hair.
So, which one works ?
Dry Shampoo For African American Hair
All my recommendations above work well.
But this one that stands out for black hair: The Tigi Bed Head Rockaholic.
Give it a try. Don’t let the oiliness weigh your hair down.
Your Hair Care Is About To Change For Good
The strict shampoo regime after my keratin treatment taught me one thing.
As a rule of thumb, if a shampoo contains more than 9 ingredients I won’t buy it.
I love the feeling of chemical free shampoos.
These days I’m using the John Masters Organics brand and I love it.
One chemical in your hair won’t kill you. But think what happens when you mix up 20 of them !
Watch John Masters himself talking about his chemical free products and how they make a difference.
Chemical Free Shampoos
A chemical free shampoo will guarantee you 2 things:
- No Sulfates
- No Salts
The 2 main culprits that dissolve keratin coating from your hair.
Why you need a chemical-free shampoo:
- No Allergies: Natural ingredients are safer (There are exceptions)
- Mild & Gentle: Tell me how your scalp feels after one wash
- No Residues: Natural shampoos don’t leave gunk on your scalp
- More Essential Oils: Eucalyptus oil, Lavender oil etc
- No Synthetics: You don’t need silicone and plastics in your hair
- No Artificial Fragrances: Fragrance contains 3100 chemicals
- Eco-Friendly: Bio-degradable materials
You don’t need to clear out your bathroom cabinet just yet.
But, if you’re thinking of trying an organic shampoo in the future …
Bookmark my tips for reference:
- Ingredients: Make sure it’s free from colorants and fragrances
- USDA Organic Seal: Look out for this label
- Oily Hair & Scalp: Look for sage and tea tree extracts
- First Ingredient: The first ingredient has the highest concentration.
My top picks for chemical free shampoos are:
1. John Masters Organics
With Lavender & Rosemary.
2. Christina Moss
Gentle, no lather shampoo and conditioner after keratin treatment. You’ll love this.
Rahua is 100% Vegan and contains USDA Approved Organic Ingredients.
This is probably what your hairdresser whispered in your ear after your treatment:
Equally as good as organic, but only if you get get it right.
Be prepared to navigate through that long list of tongue-twisting ingredients.
You will find sulfates in shampoos that claim to be sulfate-free.
Best Sulfate Free Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair
Let me explain what a sulfate based shampoo does to your hair …
- Abrasive: Used for scrubbing. Think what it does to your hair !
- Salt: It dissolves keratin coating
- Paint Stripper: It will strip your hair color & keratin too
Watch this Youtube video from hairclub expert:
You Don’t Need Your Chemistry Book To Buy A Shampoo
I totally get it.
When you scan the ingredients, half of the stuff on there don’t make sense.
Even the most knowledgeable of consumers have to decipher labels.
But don’t worry.
I’ve done some research for you and made it simple to understand.
Good Sulfates Vs Bad Sulfates
A little exercise for you:
- Find your shampoo and check the ingredients against this list below
- The more GREENS you match the better
- If the ingredients list matches more than 2 REDS, AVOID it
Ingredients are listed by their concentration levels – High to low.
So the ingredient that makes the most of the shampoo is always at the top.
Some clever manufacturers write their herbal and plant extracts at the top of the list as a decoy.
Be warned, and scan through the full list. Sulfates will not always be at the top of the list. And not the last.
It’s hiding in the middle.
Not all sulfates are bad for your hair.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate is derived from coconut and palm oils
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a mixture of sulphuric acids & salts
So why don’t they name it as coconut and palm oil ?
The FDA wants to protect you, the consumer from health hazards and deceptive practices.
Also don’t forget: Salt-free (Shampoo without Sodium Chloride).
Salt based shampoos also wash out keratin treatments.
My Best Sulfate Free Shampoo List: (also salt free)
1. Pureology Platinum 4
Keratin shampoo and conditioner sulfate free.
2. Natu Liberating
Organic & sulfate free shampoo for keratin treated hair.
3. Green People
Sodium free shampoo for keratin treated hair from Green People.
The gentle lather shampoo. Mild & no fragrance.
5. Kinky Curly Come Clean
Popular choice for ethnic hair.
6. Shea Moisture
Best sulfate free shampoo for fine hair.
Remember: Sulfate-free shampoos won’t strip out keratin early.
But one thing you need to know …
Regardless of sulfates or not, keratin will wear out with frequent washes. (even if you wash with pure water)
Biotin And Keratin Shampoo
I will recomend Biotin if you suffer from minor hair loss.
Take a look at the Mill Creek shampoo. Works great for those with thinning hair.
28% of us have allergic reactions to hair care products, according to Honest.com.
If you do get rashes, pimples and dry scalp…
Buy a keratin shampoo that’s also hypoallergenic.
Here’s what I recommend:
- Naturelle Hypoallergenic
- Klorane Shampoo with Oat Milk
- Honest Sweet Orange Vanilla Shampoo
- Era Organics Sulfate Free Shampoo for Dandruff, Psoriasis, Eczema
Hydrolyzed Keratin Shampoo
Too much protein in your hair can cause more damage than good.
Yes, it makes your hair look stiff, ridged, and brittle.
To fix your keratin addiction, switch to a product with Hydrolyzed Keratin.
Bacause, the proteins are broken down into tiny pieces.
Compared to regular keratin that sits on top of your hair, micro (hydrolyzed) proteins will bind into your hair faster.
Once you survive the first week settling in with your new hair routine …
It’s time to rock your hairstyle and show off.
Use A Keratin Spray For Lighthold Styling
Rediscover your sexy voluminous hair with a few spritzes.
- Untangle Knots: Keratin hair spray loosens the knots
- Damp Without Wash: Makes your hair damp for easy brushing
- Reduces Friction: Glide your hair brush in
- Reduces Breakage: Less friction is less breakage
Yes, breakage is expected in the first 2 weeks. So don’t be surprised.
But hold on:
Only use a keratin spray for hair after the first week. Don’t rush into it too early.
Need help picking the right one ?
Click and read the reviews:
- CHI Keratin Mist
- Sally Hershberger Hyper Hydration Super Keratin Spray
- Matrix Biolage Keratindose Silk Renewal Spray
Wash In Reverse – Conditioners For Keratin Treated Hair
The truth is, you’ll be washing your hair less after your blowout.
What I do is: wash my hair in reverse.
This trick always works for me.
I apply the conditioner with keratin to my damp hair first. Let it sit for a bit.
Then I wash with shampoo.
It helps by adding a protective layer between the shampoo and my hair.
Agree, sulfate-free shampoos won’t hurt my hair much …
But you still have to think about washing away natural oils in your hair.
I use the Shea Moisture Masque and it makes my hair feel like butter.
“Another great way to achieve smooth hair without spending the big bucks is to get an intense conditioning masque that’s keratin infused. This will only last one week, but it’s a great way to introduce yourself to the treatment.”
says Eric Rosado, senior stylist at Ted Gibson in New York City
Leave In Conditioners – Don’t Let Your Hair Dry Out
Don’t forget the keratin conditioner. Let it shield your hair from heat and dirt.
This is important if you spend a lot of time outside in the sun.
A leave in shampoo or conditioner is easy to use. Only takes 2 minutes.
And you’ll love the fast results:
- Easy combing: It prevents tangles
- UV protect: It protects your hair against the scorching heat
- Use In Shower: You can use it in shower on damp hair. Saves you time
- Light: It won’t weigh your hair down or make it look greasy
- Focus on sections: Only target the sections that need conditioning
- Bouncy: Feel the bounce in your hair without heavy oils
- Moisture: When air is too dry indoors, it keeps your hair moist
My Best Leave In Conditioners:
Pureology keratin leave in conditioner.
Leave in Mist from Malibu (Popular).
Every day is a great Caju hair day.
Deep Conditioner For Hair
If your hair still feels dry after the first week: Use the Shea Moisture Deep Masque.
This deep conditioner for hair reduces breakage and split ends.
And it’s awesome. I always have one handy.
Only leave it for 15-20 minutes. A little bit goes a long way.
Dry Hair And Breakage After Keratin Treatment
You’ve probably heard horrifying stories online about the dramatic hair loss after keratin treatments.
I’ve seen them too.
First of all, the main reason for excessive dry hair and scalp is related to Formaldehydes in your treatment.
If your treatment did not contain formaldehyde, it’s not something to worry.
For those looking for hair breakage solutions, I recommend: Lanza Oil.
Lanza Hair Products – Shampoo For Breakage
There are 3 reasons for abnormal hair breakage after keratin treatment:
- Formaldehyde: Causes scalp skin to dry
- Heat: Too much heat applied too close to the scalp
- Overuse: Slathering on too much product & careless about your scalp
Note: We strictly advise against Formaldehyde based treatments. If your treatment contained formaldehyde and you’re experiencing hair loss, consult your stylist or a dermatologist.
You should anticipate some minor hair loss for the first 2 weeks. Some hair shedding is part of the process until it gets back to normal.
If it worries you, use an anti-breakage keratin oil shampoo to keep things under control.
People call this the everyday blowout treatment.
The Lanza keratin oil is the inexpensive version of a keratin blowout. The results are instant and you can use it every day.
Use it on the ends and the edges of your hair, you’ll notice the big improvement.
One reviewer claimed to have reduced hair breakage by 60% in 48 hrs.
That’s impressive !
Use these tips below to prevent hair breakage:
- Avoid Direct Heat: Heat makes your hair brittle
- Gentle Cleansers: Avoid harsh shampoos. Use moisturizing ones
- No Manipulations: Avoid twists, braids, and mechanical strains
- Condition, Condition: Keep your hair supple & pliable
- Cut Out Split Ends: Split ends and knots make your hair weaker
- Stop Coloring: Commercial dye dries out your hair
- Wrap Hair At Night: Use a satin scarf to wrap your hair when sleeping
- Baby Your Ends: The ends are the weakest parts. Give them more TLC
Keratin Hair Mask – Light & Bouncy Without Breakage
Another great way to maxx out the results of your blowout is to use hair masks.
The Ion Keratin Smoothing Mask is a total steal for your hair.
This will make your hair feel like you just came back from the salon.
And you can’t beat the price !
For DIY lovers, here’s a simple recipe:
Homemade Keratin Mask For Hair (Quick Recipe)
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon Argan Oil or Jojoba Oil
- 1 avocado (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1 drop of biotin. (Available on Amazon.com »)
- Mix: Mix all of them
- Apply: Apply to scalp and hair
- Massage: Massage well for a few minutes
- Leave On: Let it sit for 25 minutes
- Rinse Off: Rinse well with cool water
And Tada! You’ve just made your first hair mask.
Itchy Scalp, Flakes, And Dandruff
Flakes and dandruff are really embarrassing to deal with.
Unfortunately, 2 weeks after your treatment, you will see keratin coating peeling off.
It’s normal. Don’t panic.
If you can’t survive the two weeks curing period and want a quick solution:
Use the Era Organics Shampoo
Era-Organics is sulfate-free which makes it a 2-in-1 deal for washing and soothing your itchy scalp.
Another post keratin treatment problem you don’t want is: Greasy hair !
Best Shampoo For Greasy Hair …
Wash it less.
That’s right ! Stretch it out to 3 days without washing and see …
Some of us are well-oiled machines.
No matter how often you wash, you can’t avoid the greasy mop look.
“Switch to a volumizing dry shampoo. It will strip your roots of natural oil, resulting in less grease”
says Paul Labrecque, owner of Paul Labrecque Salons and Spas, in New York City
Here are some good tips from hairsylists:
- Condition The Bottom: Condition only the bottom half of your hair
- Dry Shampoo On The Roots: Dry shampoo on the roots 2X daily
- Avoid Brushing Your Hair: Brushing simulates oil glands
“Brushing your hair too often simulates oil glands”
says Candace Bossendorfer LA hairstylist
Tell Your Oil machine to Pipe It Down !
You can train your hair to become less oily by washing it less.
Let me explain:
Every day washing:
Hair: I need a wash, I feel too oily
Oil machine: This will wash out your natural oils, you need it …
Hair: Just send me some more after the wash then
Oil machine: No problem. I’ll send you
Hair: Just washed
Oil Machine: Here’s more …
Hair: I feel a bit oily. But I’ll use a dry shampoo
Oil machine: Do you need oil ?
Hair: No, I’m good and slick. Thanks
Oil machine: Do you need oil?
Oil machine: Ok, looks like you’re doing well
Want to stretch to 3 days without washing ?
Why not try a dry shampoo, and see the difference.
How To Maintain Keratin Treated Hair
Post keratin treatment hair care is more than shopping around for shampoos and conditioners.
Simple tricks like changing your pillow case makes a big difference ?
Well, here’s my first tip for you.
Use silk or satin pillowcases after your keratin treatment.
Because, silk and satin reduce friction between your hair and your pillow.
The result: Less breakage
Fabrics like cotton will dehydrate your hair. Satin and silk won’t.
Help your hair stay straight for longer. Use the right pillow cases.
Try the 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase and see the difference it makes to your hair !
Want more tips ?
Just hear me out and take notes …
- Planning: Make your hair fit in your life for the first week
- Dry Shampoo: Dry Shampoo in the first 3 days
- No Workouts: At least you have a good excuse. No sweating please
- Leave It Down: No fancy hair styles for the first 3 days
- Avoid Dents: Remember, Keratin is malleable in the first 3 days
- Avoid Clips And Bands: No pony tails please
- Blow Dry If Wet: No water for 72 hrs. Blow dry if wet
- Don’t Tuck Behind Ears: Don’t bunch it up behind the ears
- Color After 2 Weeks: Only think about coloring after 2 weeks
- Wash Infrequently: Stretch your time between washes
- Leave-In Conditioner: Infuse with moisture once a week
- Tepid Cool Water: Shampoo with tepid or cool water
- Boar Bristle Brush: Use a boar bristle brush to detangle before bed
- Umbrella & Hat: Keep it handy in case of rain
- Avoid Swimming: Avoid swimming with keratin treated hair (2 weeks)
- Conditioning: A masque with nutritional proteins 2X / month
How To Remove Keratin From Hair
If it all goes wrong, you need a quick solution to get your hair back to normal.
After all, you want to look presentable at work, or when you heading out.
Not everyone is over the moon after having a blowout treatment.
And I completely understand that.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to wash out keratin treatment early:
- Too Dry: Your hair feels too dry and brittle
- Bone straight: You want your hair curly at times, but it won’t budge
- Front Is Straighter: The front area looks straighter than the rest
- Too Greasy: You don’t want to wash every day
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde side effects
How To Get Rid Of Keratin Treatment (3 Safe DIY Solutions)
The Yogurt & Sea Salt Solution
What you need:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 spoon of sea salt
- Rinse your hair first
- Gently scrub your hair with the mixture
- Keep it in your hair for 45 minutes
- Wash thoroughly
- Pat dry with towel
- Let it air dry
Be gentle with your hair and avoid using a blow dryer just yet.
Remember: Salt removes keratin. At the same time Yogurt will keep your hair moist.
Follow up with coconut oil or jojoba oil the next evening. Leave it in your hair overnight for best results.
Revert Using Mud Wash
Use a Terressential mud wash with Bentonite clay for a gentle hair detox.
Note: It’s not recommended to use on color treated hair.
The powerful purifying formula is enough to clean your hair strands and remove keratin safely.
I suggest you do a strand testing beforehand to see how it works for you.
Clarifying Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair (With Salt)
Skip the dirty DIY tricks, and use a clarifying shampoo.
You can remove keratin treatment fast from your hair without damage.
Your Clarifying Shampoo needs to have Sodium Chloride (Salt).
Use the Organix and Biotin shampoo and you will notice the difference after the first wash.
If you’ve had a horrible experience with keratin blowouts, just promise you won’t mis-treat your tresses again.
There are more gentle solutions like keratin healing oils.
Give them a try first.
Aftercare is the most challenging part of a keratin treatment. But with good planning you can stretch the results even up to 4 months.
The best way to summarise this is an easy to remember chart for you.
Scroll down and download this FREE pdf.
PLUS:See our handpicked shampoos to get you started. (Reviewed & Tested)